Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Am I crazy?

This is nuts to even put out there but here goes. My old job has contacted me and wants me to come back PT. I would be like an assistant, mostly helping out and have a few of my own cases to work. Work either every morning or 2-3 full days a week. So I am having a conference call to talk about it tomorrow. Basically the job is mine it is just working out the details.

I am so torn. Lay.offs have been mentioned/threatened for real now. I had my review yesterday and no pay raise. The big project is on semi-permanent hiatus it seems. Pressure to create more entries is rising fast and furious and we have no way to control or help it. During my review my boss didn't even fill out the normal goals/objectives paper. He is also worried I am bored.

The old job had its major drawbacks as well. Not nice bosses and crazy schedule at times. Plus there wasn't always enough for me to do. And billable hour pressure.

But working PT would be a huge plus for C. Maybe he could get a more regular nap schedule so he isn't going to bed at 6:30 every night and even earlier on weekends sometimes. And we could do fun things in the afternoons.

I just need to make a decision after talking to the old boss and deciding about daycare for C. Deciding what is best for C and for me. This is going to be hard. If he was a little bit older it would be easy daycare wise, but he isn't so now we have to weigh out what we feel is best for C. Plus I need to decide if going back is the right thing for me as well.

4 comments:

Devon said...

Go with your gut you will make the right choice for your family:) Good luck.

Devon

Sarah D said...

I agree with the other post. Go with your gut and do what you think is best for all of you! Good luck with everything :)

MrsSpock said...

Ah, that does sound tempting. If you declined this, and then got laid off, will you really kick yourself?

Val said...

DO IT, DO IT, DO IT !!! Only concern is that most daycare places (including goddard) don't allow part-time care until child is like 16 months old or something. so either you'd be paying full time and having cam only there 2-3 days a week or needing to find another option for part time care.