Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Bitch

This post is exactly why my two blogs are not linked in anyway. This is all about my MIL and why she is no longer welcome at my house.

Last night she wanted to come see C. That’s fine, but she was complaining that she never gets to see him. Well he was over at your house for 3.5 hrs before Mother’s day and you weren’t interested, why the all the sudden do you want to see him? Anyway Rich told her to come over after 6:30 pm. So we hurry up and get C from daycare, give him a bath and eat dinner. He is pretty sleepy when she gets there, but is still a little bit awake. I had given him a bath and then handed him to Rich while I ate dinner.

Now everyone knows we have two huskies. They are a part of our family. They are our girls and we treat them very well. They get to lie on the couches and have their own room that they stay in while we are at work or out of the house. They have been a part of our family for almost 6 yrs. This is nothing new. When people come to the house the dogs think they are coming to see them still. If you just give them a little attention and pet them first then they calm down. They may bring toys to ask you to play with them or give you licks to just show that they like you. Huskies don’t really bark, they howl and make noise to get your attention. Shelby & Skyler are very good dogs who are very much a part of who we are.

Now before C was even born, MIL made comments about huskies and babies. Every time she calls she talks about the dogs and have they done anything to C or how are they doing with C. We know not to leave them alone with C. We assume that nothing will ever happen, but you never do really know. Better to be safe then sorry. If he is asleep in his room the door is closed. We let the dogs sniff and lick C except for his face and hands. They have accepted C and we haven’t had any problems, if we did we would address them. C has actually started noticing the dogs and is following them with his eyes as they walk around. Shelby has to check for C when we come home before she goes outside. It is actually pretty cute.

We also try to keep the dogs away from people or occupied, but that only lasts for so long. Peanut butter bones and treats do eventually get eaten and the novelty wears off.

So last night MIL came over and started making some comments about not wanting S & S near C while she is holding him. OK fine, but when you didn’t pet them or acknowledge them when you come in they are going to be all over you until you do. So in a snotty tone she tells them to go outside or to the Florida room. She keeps telling them to get away. So I go outside to try and get them to calm down and cool off myself. We were out there for about 20 min until it was time to feed C. I come in and then they get a little excited again. She makes more comments and my blood is boiling at this point. I am not an idiot and neither are my girls. They are very good dogs they just like attention. I decide to stay out in the kitchen to make bottles for today and his one for his next feeding. Then when Rich takes C to be changed she tries to talk to me. Are you kidding me? I do not want to talk to her at all.

We had already agreed that MIL would not feed C due to the fact that she cannot burp him right and he has a horrible time with spit up every time she does feed him. Plus she had some auto-immune disease that has made her loose control of her hands and gripping. I also hadn’t seen C at all so Rich hands him to me to feed him.

So I was very angry last night because I felt like she was treating members of my family badly by making mean comments and getting upset because they wanted some attention. I also felt like she was insulting us as parents and a family. She has always made mean and nasty comments about the dogs and especially the dogs and C. So since it is just too much stress she is no longer welcome at our house. When she wants to see C we will come to her and it will have to be when it is convenient for us. I am totally fine with telling her this too. It is too stressful to have people there who don’t understand or care about our girls.

Probably doesn’t help that that I got some bad news at work before I left yesterday. They didn’t dock my pay checks for the part time hrs and unpaid time so my next three paychecks will be significantly short. Good times! My check is direct deposit and I didn’t really pay attention since a couple of my check were smaller due to the disability pay I assumed it was all ok. So until the middle of September all my checks will be docked.

I am so ready for a drink and a vacation!! I guess with the paycheck situation I will settle for a drink at home.

1 comment:

Julie and Greg said...

drinks on me tomorrow night!