Monday, November 12, 2007

Dr Appt

Appt with Dr. T this morning was anit-climatic. BP was 110/80 which is really good for me. Listened to the baby’s heartbeat and all kinds of kicks to the Doppler. Maybe Cletus is getting tired of it? Since we use it at home 2-3 times a week. I gained more weight on his scale than at home. I believe mine more. Dr. T mentioned that I am starting to pooch out now. I think I really did pop over the weekend. No more regular clothes for me.

So I asked him about an induction due to Hep.arin and a couple of other questions. He said that we may have to induce if I want an epidural, but everything else he basically said we have more time to talk about towards delivery. Um, no we don’t. I actually got out of there in ½ hr which is an absolute miracle for him. I didn’t want to come right out & say I was Dr shopping, but I think I got the two main questions answered that I was concerned about. The Cystic Fibrosis and neural tube defects came back negative. That is a nice relief. I felt a little better going to see him today. I think I was more relaxed since I know that I do have a choice now. Things seem to be going along very normal. I do have my ultrasound scheduled, but if I don’t stay with Dr. T I will have to cancel since it is in his office.

We started to look at nursery furniture and baby stuff this weekend. Oh man is that stuff expensive!! And very overwhelming. I did get Rich to test drive some stuff and look at some of the big accessories we will need. I think he had fun. I started feeling really bad so we had to cut it short, but I think we found the nursery furniture we really liked. It was fun and very weird. It was surreal since I said to Rich, “Did you ever imagine you would be looking at this stuff and actually thinking about buying it?” Usually we would just day dream about it and by the time the pregnancy came along it was out of stock or discontinued.

I have decided to be full time in maternity clothes. I wore a pair of jeans and a shirt on Saturday & I even have to admit I looked pretty cute. It was very obvious that there is a little one on the way. I even heard someone else comment about me at a restaurant. It also made me feel like not such a fraud at the big baby store. It is very nice to be at this point.

2 comments:

Julie and Greg said...

that's great Jenn! Keep me posted on the appt. tomorrow!

MrsSpock said...

Holy crap, I've been wearing maternity clothes for 4 weeks now...my uterus really pooched out my fat belly and I can't even zip my winter coat. I can't believe you've held out this long- those belly panels are so comfy...