Monday, December 10, 2007

A Celebration of humanity

I was off work today due to a horrible congestion cold. Only got 2 hours of sleep & couldn't breathe thru my nose. I decided to take a sick day. Rich was so sweet before he left for work. He got everything together that I would need for my day on the couch. He got snacks, kleenex, dishes, silverware and the TV remote ready for me together. He also got me a glass of juice to drink before he left. Rich took very good care of me this morning so I had to brag on him.

I have had my faith restored in good people this weekend. Amazing enough this holiday season hasn't been too bad for me. Usually I get aggravated with people and can't stand this season by the middle of December. It may have something to do with the fact I can't go that long right now so we just do a little at a time. We also haven't been to the mall either. That may help things.

Anyway, Rich and I were having a late lunch at a big chain Chinese restaurant on Saturday. I had gone to the bathroom and Rich went after I got back. A man came over to our table as I was waiting on Rich to return. He said that we looked like a nice couple and gave me 20.00 to use toward our meal. I tried to give it back saying we didn't need it. He refused to take it back and told me Merry Christmas. I was shocked as I had never had anything like that happen to me before. So we decided instead of using the money for lunch, we will donate it to the red buckets that are around this time of year. Of course we haven't seen any since then. It makes me feel a lot better about bringing Cletus into this world. There are still good people out there.

Cletus is moving around like crazy now. I feel him daily kicking and moving around. It is so unreal. I really hope Rich can feel it soon. Every time Rich puts hi shand on my belly, Cletus quits moving. As soon as he takes his hand away, Cletus starts up again. I felt it thru my stomach today, so we are hoping to catch it soon for daddy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ugh Jenn - colds stink when you can't take anything! I had a stuffy nose for most of my pregnancy and I swear by saline nose spray - it was the only thing that helped. Hope you're feeling better and congrats on feeling the kicks!

Jeannette