Sunday, September 9, 2007

Wating on me

So the spotting got worse on Thursday & I decided to call the nurses line. I got my favorite nurse on the phone. She asked me about the spotting color & frequency. She told me to keep taking the ibuprofen as long as I saw anything. She asked me if it ever stopped or got to be less. I told her after work on Wednesday it got better. She told me to relax as much as possible & take it easy. Then she asked me in a very delicate way if we had done anything to "aggravate my cervix" - draw your own conclusions. When I said yes, she sounded more relaxed and said the spotting was probably coming from my cervix because it is puffy right now. The spotting had stopped on Friday and no more has appeared over the weekend.

When I told Rich what the nurse said he was relieved. He told me no more laundry, dishwasher, grocery shopping & I needed to take it easy. He then said that he would do whatever I needed to make Cletus happy. Well he opened up the opportunities there. He has been very good to me. I am going to call him Ricardo - my house boy. He took me to Dairy. Queen on Thursday night because Cletus wanted it :-) He also went out to lunch with me on Wednesday when we were both scared again. Obviously I cannot slow down or take it easy. I just can't do it. As hard as I try there is still so much to do around here. I am getting testy with Rich more often & it hasn't been fun to be in our house or possibly our presence lately. I hope this goes away soon. U/s got moved to Wednesday due to an unscheduled surgery. Since I am very familiar with those & have probably bumped some other women out of their appt times, I tried to be very accommodating & changed the appt time.

2 comments:

MrsSpock said...

Chop-chop house boy- fetch me a cool drink...

Val said...

Well, the typical is response is to tell you that you do need to slow down. Easier said than done. I know what I felt like with a baby on the way. Impossible to slow down! Always 5 thoughts in your head and a list of 50 more waiting. Glad Rich is helping out a lot. That's important too, because when you're pregnant you tend to feel like everything in is your hands. His baby too but you are the one carrying the baby and have to watch your every move. Got very frustrating for me and had a couple of breakdown moments about that kind of stuff.