Friday, February 29, 2008

He is my son

So today’s Dr appt and non-stress test was not the most joyful news to hear. My BP is up 138/92. The Dr took it again after the NST and it was better, but it is still something that I need to keep an eye on. She had a hard time getting the NST hooked up and going and it wasn’t too pleasant a position for me. I had 2 contractions in the ½ hr I was hooked up. Didn’t even feel them though. Dr. W kept asking me if I felt them but I didn’t. I did feel the one on the way back to work though.

The worst news is that he is still breech. Dr. W said it is a good thing that he can move him around so he can still flip, but it is making me nervous. I have an ultrasound in 3 weeks to check his position. If he is still breech then we will schedule a version which is where they externally rotate him into the head down position. I have heard it is very painful. I am hoping to avoid that so sending me flipper vibes would be good. If the version doesn’t work then he could still flip before I go into labor. Otherwise I will be having a c-section. Not the end result I had hoped for, but a healthy baby is what matters most. At least that’s what I’ll keep telling myself through this emotional hysteria.

This child is most definitely my son though. I think he will flip when he is ready. That is so me and my attitude. I didn’t learn to swim until I was like 28 or 29. I just had no desire to do it. Then when Rich & I were on vacation in Myrtle Beach I told him that I wanted him to teach me to swim. So now I know. I am not an Olympian by any means, but I know the basics and can swim laps if I want to. You can’t force me to do things. I have to do them when I am ready and willing. So I think Cletus is getting this attitude of not flipping yet from me. Maybe he just isn’t ready yet and no one can force him, not even me. Me of all people should understand this.

No comments: