Monday, July 9, 2007

Here we go again

Well, we are on for this month. Had the cyst check & blood test to make sure I am not pregnant. That was hilarious!!! At least insurance will pay for it. I have really small veins, but my favorite nurse did the blood draw this morning. It went fine, especially compared to the blood draw for the life insurance we did last week. That is a post for another time though.

I will start Fe.mara tonight for 5 days. I need to research it, but I think it will be ok. It is supposed to be not as nasty with side effects as Clo.mid which will make Rich very happy. Then I will be on Re.pronex shots for at least 4 days.

I am very nervous & almost chickened out of doing this cycle. I am very nervous!!! Rich said he felt better as soon as we made a decision to go ahead, but I think I am coming around to the idea.

I did have a pleasant surprise this morning at the RE office. I know, I was shocked too. I got a wanding & a needle & a pleasant surprise. I only had to pay our co-pay this morning. I was surprised, but I figured it was ok. Hey, we have given them enough money so far, maybe we get a break now. Yea right. So I got to hell (oops I meant work) & decided to look up the codes on my sheet. The lab work was for an unconfirmed pregnancy (that just cracks me up). The other for the wanding was a different code then it used to be. So I looked it up. I am very sorry I did, it is a bad code. It is for habitual abo.rter w/o current pregnancy. Talk about a punch to the gut. I just don’t get it. I do not want to be known by this code. My insurance company knows that I have lost babies, why can’t they call it something nicer. I understand they need the codes to bill, but seriously that is just awful. And it rubbed it in more to see w/o current pregnancy after it. Let’s just turn the knife a little tighter in the wound. I think the word habitual really bothers me as well. It’s not as if this was a habit I wanted or that I knew about. It’s not as if I don’t want to break this habit. I think this whole terminology thing sucks & they need something new. How about: will be an emotional basket case for any subsequent pregnancies or will never be comfortable with pregnancy until a live birth? Or there is; please understand I will not be my normal self until the baby is born healthy? My personal favorite is: I will never be in my right mind again until my wish comes true.

1 comment:

MrsSpock said...

I had the feeling you'd get back on the wagon...Whee! Ann at theunlucky20percent is taking Femara herself and it seems to have made her ovulate this month...good luck!